Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hourglass

Time flew, seconds passed, resembling grains of sand,
transporting us, ferrying us to a new year, a new land
The days had crawled, the minutes had slowed...
although other days the hours had flowed
I had thought my life was a mere cliche-
having the same routine day after day,
as if my agenda was already arranged,
I had longed for an indelible day,
I had aspired for a change
But now, as I look back,
I realize that my days
had been packed
By aims, goals-
an endless
chain,
hopes and
opportunities
cascaded as rain
As I look at the year alone
I marvel at how much I have
grown, for I can scarcely believe
I had actually determined to achieve
what I thought was within my reach...
Now, as I reminisce on the bygone weeks,
during which my personality seems rather antique,
Sensations of perplexity plague my racing mind,
as I leave a monumental pyramid of memories behind,
and escape the realm of recent history, a treasured sphere-
I anticipate the thrill of entering a new time- a whole new year

1 comment: