Friday, February 13, 2015

Respite

I am a spirit that spirals with the breeze,
although cold and calculating,
warmth and affection blooms in my heart
imparting confidence, trust, hope-
that I can make a difference,
a change, an advancement,
to the lives of millions across the globe

Yet, I have disappointed myself
I have denied sustenance to some,
security and shelter to the others,
love and compassion to crowds,
education to innumerable
They slip though my spectral fingers,
like grains of sand-
much too fine, to be enmeshed
in my capable palms

My lapses wreak havoc
to the innocent, to the blameless
My rages are more terrifying-
Volcanoes spewing fire,
tidal waves drowning the shore,
whirlwinds swirling in a manner,
quite similar to my roam
My paucity of concentration
has led mankind to its own destruction-
ruination of a planet, a world,
that I had bestowed to all creatures,
to all plants and trees,
to the soil, to the rugged terrain,
to the atmosphere, to the breeze
I wander about the concrete civilizations,
suffocating, choking back grief,
as I now face a world colorless and gray,
refusing to let the human mind,
take what course it may

Despite my sorrow, I find respite-
by traipsing across the lush green,
the golden yellow, the turquoise skies,
the magenta flowers that beam with pride,
the fragrant ambience, surging with
the essence of nature, and all it stands for
I find pleasure, as I look at the merriment,
the dreams, the passion of all creatures alive,
that thrive under my guidance,
unknowingly, in blissful oblivion
As I spiral with the gusts, touring the world,
I realize my accomplishments
that outweigh the rest- which I had been
too lacking to better and enhance
As I help a flowering bud blossom with beauty,
an ant build its hill with unwavering persistence,
a lion establish its might,
a young girl fulfill her enduring dream-
it acts as an interlude to an existence of misgiving,
a time of relief from anxiety and disquietude,
I find a corner of breathing-space,
and I discover happiness once more

No comments:

Post a Comment