Friday, November 15, 2013

An Experience

I was walking over the icy sheets of the north. I was chilled by the gusts, numbed by the frost, and stunned by the solitude. The temperature was dropping steadily, and no layers of coats were able to warm me. I looked up in despair and closed my eyes. Then suddenly I saw the enchanting colours blazing in the sky. I looked up with unconcealed awe at the swaying hues above me. Only one thought came to my mind: The Northern Lights. I drew myself up as I gazed at the shifts and flows of the dancing Auroras, in dazzling shades of sapphire blue and violet. Though there was no improvement in the weather, the lights seemed to emit a fiery glow that instantly encased me in its warmth. I thought about how fortunate I was to be able to witness this unearthly apparition, and how the isolation was actually a blessing in disguise. The auroras would have lost its charm if there were a hundred others gaping at it along with me. Time lost its meaning as I continued to stare at the haunting tints spread out like a kaleidoscopic curtain before me. I could have been rooted for hours, or days, or even years. It was only at this entrancing phenomenon’s conclusion did I come back with a start. The night was  frozen, but somehow, the Earth appeared to have inherited a bit of the beauty that this aesthetic show had provided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment