Friday, March 21, 2014

Circles of Imagination

Hot gusts whistle past in menacing tunes,
unsettling the flawlessly arranged golden dunes
Vivid grains of sand invade the air,
providing the atmosphere with a glinting flare
Listless, I wearily, wearily tread
as the Sun beats down upon my head
In the distance, I can catch an uncanny sight,
perhaps that can rescue me from my plight,
water- cool, consoling, delicious
that can save my soul from the weather so vicious
I extend my arm- it's just a stone's throw away,
yet it decides to keep itself at bay
from my itching throat, parched mouth,
as it annoyingly continues to elongate its route
And in a trice, out of nowhere, I am enveloped my bliss,
a fact my spirits do not let go amiss
My state of mind is imbued by unappeasable delight,
all my fatigue has evaporated, and had soared to great heights
Invigorating drops cascading from the sky- my solace,
they guarantee me happiness, a very reassuring promise
I close my burning eyes, in the euphoria I relish
by the rain, my feelings have been embellished
But when I open my eyes, it isn't glaring sand I see,
my sight had been dominated by a thicket of trees,
that climb their way towards the sky,
the oncoming result of when the heavens cry
Coarse sand was transformed into rich, moist mud,
the green was dotted my several blooming buds
Then arrived the fearful, intense draught,
powerful winds and gale, it had brought
In the comfort of greenery, it did not let me linger,
for the next moment, I noticed a conspicuous lack of fingers
I had grown wings, I was flying high,
past the atmosphere, past the sky
past the soft sunlight pouring down
until I lost sight of the blossoms on the ground
I was being propelled vertically by instinctive wings
basking in the thrill unreachable heights can bring
I could sense a remarkable alteration in the hues
of the sky- dark black from sapphire blue
I continued for days, months and years
till I could tell my destination was drawing near
Sure enough, my pace of movement began to slow
as my curiosity, proportional, began to grow
When I finally halt, I look straight down
to my astonishment, I am levitating over a glimmering ground
Silver spirals arising from its core
where it glistens and sharpens all the more
like glitter shaken perfectly over a dark piece of silk,
emanating a divine aura, its shade resembling milk
The light was scattered expertly, in little immaculate sprinkles,
the mass as a whole was sparkling, in little ceaseless twinkles
And then, before my dazed, searching eyes
it rapidly began to shrink in size
In a drop of water, it could be contained,
water that fell to the Earth as rain
for it was accompanied by dazzling bright
structures, by with the night could  be set alight
spreading out endlessly, like a limitless stretch of sand,
was it then could I ultimately understand
I was looking down upon, with my very eyes,
the structures we gaze up at, that govern the night skies
I was looking down upon the entire universe-
enchanting, beguiling, meticulously interspersed
I was momentarily transfixed, until I felt the heat
starting at my head, trickling down to my feet
overpowering my senses; I could perceive the arid weather
with its patches of thirsty, purple heather
the dry sand was staring up at my face,
the cool breeze had reduced to a non-existent pace
 hot gusts whistle past in menacing tunes,
unsettling the flawlessly arranged golden dunes...

No comments:

Post a Comment