Friday, March 14, 2014

Green- Eyed Beauty

They were captivating, those shimmering, emerald eyes. They danced in the beams of soft moonshine, throwing hints of light. They reminded me of the color of... freshly mown grass, of the springtime creepers, my garden after it rained. It was tinged with specks of aqua, and freckled with wonder. They were stormy, with waves of suspicion rolling off them, hitting me with tremendous force, until they softened- forming ripples. I couldn't unravel the enigma that lay behind those eyes, whose energy just accentuated its beauty. As it stemmed inwards, the shade deepened, only to combine to form an ominous, black pupil. Every time it blinked, it awoke me from my stupor- of conspicuous awe.
Those eyes... they were unimaginable, beyond belief. They dominated their surroundings, as though they were the cynosure of everyone's stare. Pangs of envy pecked at me. For the first time, I could look at one straight in the eye, without blinking or blushing.
I was gazing into the morbid eyes of a spectral bird, the most unearthly in existence. It was only the eyes that distinguished it from a cloud of dust. It was perched haughtily on the railing of the balcony, its unfathomable eyes flashing, glaring.
In sheer desperation, I extended a quivering arm, reaching out, only to arouse the bird's wariness. It took off, its wings fluttering, taking those emeralds with it, and vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment