Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Inalienable Friendship with an Alien

Now nothing seems normal after that eventful winter noon,
as I never thought I'd meet someone more distant than the moon
My perspective about everything changed quicker than the speed of light,
and I found myself gazing above in the deafening silence of night

Though he appeared strange, he possessed a certain charm
and I instantly realized- to me he would never, ever harm
Yet his identity and features, I am forbidden to disclose
as I understand the immediate threat humanity would impose
But our conversation and experience, I'd be delighted to narrate
But if you're uninterested in unearthly beings, you really don't have to wait

After overcoming the initial shock of a spectral creature at my door,
I invited him into the living room so he could talk some more
"This planet is rather strange," he'd whisper in his silky voice
"But an unknown force attracted my ship, and I didn't really have a choice"
"I left my home to search for the cure to a very dreaded disease,
so that my land can finally be healthy, and there will resume peace
And I'm not even close", he mumbled, starting to get upset
and I realized his distress was contagious, as I began to fret
"And I feel quite ill myelf, for I suddenly shake and shiver."
I surveyed him sympathetically ; in his stance there was a definite quiver
I could hear my stomach growl, so I decided to get something to eat
and to make my friend feel better, I'd give him a similar treat
Just as I was reaching for the tall carton of Pringles,
time seemed to pause for a moment, the air began to tingle
"Yes", he breathed "There is one thing I am very sure..."
"..in this house, in this room, is hidden the desired cure."
I let my imagination fly, along with ideas and emotion,
what could be this antidote- a spell, a drink or a potion?
"And it's right there," he breathed, pointing to a deep green leaf,
I didnt know what I was expecting, but something beyond belief
He took the spinach in his hands, a grin spreading across his face
"I've found it! I must return home, and leave this blessed place!"
That must have been the authentic cure, for he seemed to radiate heat
his eyes were brighter than stars, he couldn't stop shuffling his feet
Before I could react, bid good bye, or for that matter even blink
he stretched his arm out towards the Sun, and vanished in a trace of ink

 I learnt that we should never eat spinach, we should only keep it to preserve
so that we can save a civilization, whose medicines they truly deserve
But I wasn't thinking about how my latest conversation would bring me fame
I was only dwelling upon the fact, that I hadn't even asked for his name
I just hope his galaxy has internet....





1 comment: